Brake cylinder repair
Scope of work
Machine, coat and post machine brake cylinder bore to return to correct bore diameter and surface finish.
- Pre-machined cylinder bore to Ø357.15
- Grit blast internally to ISO 8501-1 cleanliness standard SA 2½ with a minimum surface area of 50μm.
- Applied Polyglass VEF (with 5% styrene) by rolling
- Assemble valve
- Post-machined to Ø356.1 (+0-0.2)
- Thickness checked and spark tested at 6.5kv
Corrocoat has completed several similar jobs since October 1996 utilising its Polyglass VEF coating, which offers superior corrosion resistance, thereby prolonging the service life of these brake cylinders with the added benefit of reduced maintenance costs.
Brake cylinders on arrival in our works.
Brake cylinder during post-machining.
Brake cylinder on completion.