Protection for portable chemical storage tanks
Petrochemical industry, South Africa.
Scope of work
Corrosion protection of chemical storage tanks where previous linings had failed.
Corroglass AR4 system.
- Grit blast to ISO SA 21/2.
- Application of first coat of AR4 was applied, followed by 2nd build coat to the required DFT.
- Coating was then spark tested and a third build coat applied.
- Second spark testing is followed by application of the veilcoat and post curing.
- Airless spray and hand application 6/20.
- Spark test 7130, veilcoat application and post cure. 6/42
As the portafeeds are constantly on the move, they are subject to mechanical damage, which makes difficult to estimate the life expectancy of the coating.
However, the customer remains more than satisfied with the significant increase achieved, and Corrocoat has now lined more than 300 units using this process.
Portafeeds queuing for blasting.
Portafeed encased in rubber for protection.
Portafeed lined with AR4.