Scope of work
Internal and external corrosion protection of 6″, 10″ and 14″ wedge gate valves, bodys, covers and pedestals. The valve is subject to crude oil at a maximum service temperature of 80°c.
Internal: Polyglass VEF/VEHA
External: Plasmet ZF, Corrocoat Zip E, Corrocoat AP1 coating system
- Rebated flange faces and masked up machine surfaces to protect prior to abrasive blasting and coating.
- Abrasive blasted internally to ISO 8501-1 to Sa2½ surface finish, to achieve a surface profile of 50 microns.
- WGC Body, cover, wedge and yoke; applied Polyglass VEF to wetted surfaces to achieve a minimum DFT (Dry Film Thickness) of 1250 microns.
- Thickness checked and spark tested at 17kva.
- Abrasive blasted the specified external surfaces with new abrasive in accordance with ISO 8501-1 to Sa2 finish, to achieve a minimum surface profile of 50 microns.
- Applied coat of Plasmet ZF Primer to achieve a DFT of between 500-700 microns.
- Applied top coat of Corrothane AP1 – colour: RAL 1023