Engineering components manufacturer and supplier, UK.
Scope of work
Provide surface preparation, supply and application of the Corrocoat Zip E coating systems to protect anodes and brackets, which would be subject to seawater at ambient temperatures. Coating the anode support with Zip E will extend the service life.
Corrocoat Zip E: An epoxy glass flake coating.
- Masked off and protected areas not requiring coating/aluminium anodes prior to blasting.
- Abrasive blasted the externals with abrasive in accordance with ISO 8501-1 Sa2 1/2 surface finish, to achieve a minimum surface profile of 50 microns.
- Completed a final blow down, sweep and vacuum cleaned thoroughly where required to remove dust.
- Applied once coat of Corrocoat Zip E to achieve a minimum DFT of 500 microns (colour yellow).
- Carried out thickness testing and spark testing at 6.7Kv following adequate cure. Removed surface protection, dress edges and completed 100% visual inspection.
- Packed and prepared for dispatch.
Corrocoat Zip E: an epoxy glass flake coating. Provides cost effective, durable protection in aggressive atmospheric conditions and aquatic immersion environments. Single coat system with a good edge coverage.