Engineering Industry, UK.
Scope of work
External corrosion protection of two cooling fan impellers.
- Masked up and protected the threaded bars, supports and shaft and any other areas which didn’t require coating application.
- Machine surfaces masked up and protected prior to abrasive blasting and coating.
- Abrasive blasted the external surface area with new abrasive in accordance with ISO 8501-1 to Sa2½ surface finish, to achieve a surface profile of 50 microns.
- Completed a final blow down, sweep and vacuum clean throughout where required to remove dust.
- Applied two coats of Plasmet Galvcoat.
- Once cured, removed any surface protection, dressed edges and completed 100% visual inspection.
- Packed and prepared for dispatch.
Glavcoat: Galvcoat is a coating for galvanised steel. A single pack coating on a synthetic polymer and containing barrier pigments. Possesses excellent weathering characteristics and will give long-term protection, even in highly polluted environments. The coating system can be easily maintained and repaired where necessary.