Manufacturing and Engineering company, UK.
Scope of work
Provide external corrosion protection for 200 new solid rod sockets (170mm and 180mm), to extend their service life.
- Abrasive blasted externally with new abrasive in accordance with ISO 8501-1 to Sa2 1/2 surface finish, to achieve a minimum surface profile of a minimum of 50 microns.
- Completed a final blow down, sweep and vacuum clean thoroughly where required to remove dust.
- Applied Polyglass VEF externally to achieve a specified minimum DFT of 2000 microns, to achieve a minimum dielectric strength of 36kV as per original specification.
- Once cured, removed ant surface protection, dress edges and completed 100% visual inspection.
- Carried out thickness testing and spark test following adequate cure of the coating.
- Prepared and packed for dispatch.
- Provided a QA package for each batch of solid rod sockets.
Polyglass VEF: a two pack cold cured vinyl ester acrylic co-polymer alloyed with ECR glass flake. Excellent in immersed environments. Excellent resistance to solvents, acids and de-mineralised water. Excellent flexibility, undercutting resistance and sliding abrasion resistance.