Leading specialists in hazardous liquid tankers.
Scope of work
Provide corrosion protection of new stainless steel vacuum tanker which would be used to transport various acidic waste streams throughout the UK. The tanker was 7.5cm long with a diameter of 1.91m with access provided through two off 600mm tank top manways and another at the bottom of the rear dish.
Polyglass VE Veilcoat.
- First coat of Polyglass VEF applied via airless spray to a minimum WFT (Wet Film Thickness) of 600 microns.
- As part of a comprehensive corrosion protection coating system, fibreglass woven matting was applied to the interface areas of the tank and the bottom 1/3rd of the shell below the manway access points, i.e. baffle joints and manway neck joints.
- Second coat of Polyglass VEF applied to a specified minimum DFT of 1200 microns.
- Thickness checks, spark testing and 100% visual inspection was completed.
- Final topcoat of Polyglass VE Veilcoat applied.
- On completion of the application, the coating was post cured at 60-80°C for 8 hours to ensure the full cure offered resistance required against the waste streams being collected.
Polyglass VEF: A glass flake vinyl ester acrylic co-polymer specifically designed to offer corrosion protection in aggressive chemical environments and has a proven track record with road tankers.